Position: Office Administrative Assistant
• Performs administrative functions and provides general administrative support to the League Operations Director and Office staff.
• Handles a variety of clerical, secretarial and organizational functions.
• Responsible for back-up coverage of reception area, ensuring that they represent CDYSL in a professional manner through telephone and direct contact with our customers.
• Schedules meetings and provides assistance during meetings, as needed.
• Accurately creates and formats documents and assists in creating PowerPoint presentations.
• Works as part of a team with existing staff and assists with the input of data, results, and information of the CDYSL website and spreadsheets.
• Performs general administrative support such as photocopying, filing and scanning documents, as needed.
• Updates and adds information on the CDYSL website, as needed.
• Drafts correspondence such as emails and spreadsheets of data related to office programs.
• Job duties must be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Helps plan, schedule and execute internal and external events such as, Exceptional Senior Showcase, Coaches’ Workshop, Team Seeding, Empire Cup, etc.
• Assists with the preparation of monthly reports, and a yearly report and other summaries relative to the main programs sponsored by CDYSL.
• Creates, inputs data, and maintains reports, dashboards, and tracking reports as needed.
• Minimum education/experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 1-2 years administrative support/secretarial experience. Required Skills:
• Detail-oriented, organized, with strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Self-starter, able to work independently as well as work with other staff within the office.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to identify the need for and to request further instruction and/or clarification to properly execute assigned duties.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and some working knowledge of PowerPoint and QuickBooks is a plus.
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
• $12-$14 per hour pay range (depending on skill level)
• 20 hours per week – Monday through Friday – 10:00 AM TO 2:00 PM (some flexibility is available)
• Professional references will be requested.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO CDYSLOFFICE@CDYSL.ORG or 19 Aviation Road, Suite 9, Albany, NY 12205 or fax to 518-435-2328. Resumes will be accepted until February 19, 2019. Position will be filled by March 25, 2019