ENY State ODP
The State Olympic Development Program (ODP) is a program through the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association throughout the state of New York.
Tryout Information and Registration link:
Still looking for 2002 Boys and 2003 Girls!
Boys can attend a tryout on December 9th or contact Roy Pfeil at firstname.lastname@example.org to be evaluated.
Any interested girls should contact Roy Pfeil at email@example.com if they would like to be evaluated.
Frequently asked questions and plans for the year 2018-19:
- Practices will start in December and will continue every other week (boys one week then girls the next week) until early to mid April, depending on the weather.
- All indoor practices will be at Afrims Sports facility and the Newburgh Armory. Practices will be on Sunday’s from 5pm-8pm and you can go to the facility that is closest to where you live.
- In mid April, depending on the weather, all practices will be conducted on Monday’s outdoors at Cantine Park in Saugerties. The ’05, ’06, and ‘07 age groups will practice from 6pm-7:30pm and the ’02, ’03 and ’04 will practice from 7:30pm to 9pm.
- The GIRLS East Region tournament June 7-9 at Kirkwood Soccer Complex in Delaware.
- The GIRLS East Region I.D. Camps will be at Rider College, NJ: July 7-10, 2007 and 2002 age groups; July 7-11, 2003 age group; July 12-16, 2004 and 2005 age groups; July 17-21, 2006 age group.
- The BOYS East Region tournament June 7-9 at Rider College, NJ.
- The BOYS East Region I.D. camps will be at Kutztown University, PA: July 7-11, 2005 and 2003 age groups; July 12-16, 2006 and 2002 age groups; July 17-20, 2007 and 2004 age groups.
- There will be additional competitions for some of the teams at the Virginia Friendlies and against some neighboring state teams or local league and select teams.
- The fee will vary this year from about $900 - $1250. The fee will include uniform, practices, indoor fees, and I.D. camp for all age groups except 2007. The ’07 I.D. camp and fee is optional.
ODP has 3 major functions:
- To identify talented soccer players for state, regional and national teams. And provide all ODP players with high level training, and exposure for comparison purposes to state players, regional players and national team players from N.Y. and other states in the region that will go on to play at the highest levels in college, professionally, and with regional and national teams. (Recently, it was determined that 18% of all players on all of our national teams - from 14 on up - come from the East Region which goes from Virginia to Maine.)
- To provide exposure and training to a variety of high level soccer coaches. Some of the coaches may provide a pathway into academia at the college level with a commitment to a college soccer program.
- This year there will be more competitions, and subsequent developmental opportunities, against other teams at the local, state, and regional level.