Due to COVID-19, it is no longer possible to have normal practices, games or a spring season. Here are some resources and activities to help you get through this time while still staying active. The CDYSL Office hopes this finds everyone safe and healthy! More information regarding return to play will be available in the coming weeks. Thank you!
- Although our Coaches Workshop demonstrations are intended for new coaches, old coaches players and parents can also learn from them! Watch all of our taped Workshop demos on the CDYSL Youtube channel.
- ENY has partnered with AT PEAK Soccer for a free opportunity for Coaches, Athletes and parents for the rest of 2020. Check out details here.
- The San Jose Earthquakes' Tommy Thompson has posted more than 100 Practice-At-home Videos -- his rhythm, precision and quickness make these fun to watch even if you're not the intended audience.
- Check out Director of Coaching at ENY, Tim Bradbury's Youtube Channel. He has posted several videos of moves to practice.
- Check out the Aspen Institute Project Play initiative's webinar on how to play during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Train with MLS is being posted on their website. They have videos featuring Coach Talks, Drills, Fitness and Fun.
- DC Scores has been uploading Drills, writing exercises and resources on their website.
- See the US Soccer Foundation's website for Stay at Home resources.
- Eastern New York has posted their ENYYSA Player's Handbook. It includes additional readings, moves to practice and worksheets to track progress.
- Stay active with Top Soccer's videos that they have been posting to their Youtube Channel.
- Sports Engine has posted multiple Soccer Drills from home.
- ENY has extended the mandate for the Grassroots program through June 2021. Make sure you have completed your online coach license so once in person play is allowed, you will be all set. You can also further your learning with additional online courses. To register for an online program or watch for when in person courses are allowed again, go to our Coach Education page.
- This page on the Aspen Institute's Project Play details a Call to Coaches on what you can do to help young players during this difficult time virtually and going forward.
- United Soccer Coaches has been hosting weekly webinars that you can find here. You can register to watch them live or watch past webinars.
- Check out this webinar from the Aspen Institute's Project Play initiative regarding what young athletes need from their coaches during this crisis.
- Need an at home project to keep busy and want it to be something to help your player? See instructions to make an At Home Kick Wall for your athlete here.
- Read this article from John Hopkins Children's Hospital. It details why it is hard for young athletes during this time and how you can help.
- Read this article from the Aspen Institute's Project Play initiative on what kids need during this time and a list of resources.
These links are being provided as a convenience and are for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by CDYSL of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual outside of ENY and CDYSL content. CDYSL bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.